The 1816 Plantation Home

Monday, February 8, 2010

February

February is passing quickly and spring will soon be here. I am busy planning this year's garden and busy creating a mixed media collage. I tried painting with acrylic and became a little frustrated with it...then I changed to water-soluable oil paint. I plan to use encaustic for the collage with oil paint. It's all new to me and I hope it goes well. Beeswax is forgiving and should I place something not quite right, I can easily re-do it. I will have to upload a photo when I'm done!
As far as the garden, I am busy ordering my grow bags...they're the greatest thing invented for gardens in a long time! Potatoes do very well in them, and there is no harvesting by digging. You simply dump the soil and out come the taters! I really had a great harvest last year!
This time I will plant sooner!
Well, time to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment